Installing the RapidiConnector
- In order for Rapidi to connect to your local database server, you need to download and install a small service, that we call the "RapidiConnector".
- The RapidiConnector must be configured with parameters (RapidiServiceId, UserID, and Password) specific to your Service and Connection in MyRapidi.
- The RapidiConnector Service can be set up to run under a specific Windows User account (the default proposed is the current User Account when installing). This allows you to specify "Use Windows Authentication" on many of the Connection types in MyRapidi. The RapidiConnector will then use the credentials of the Windows User that it is running under, to access the system in question (e.g. NAV, AX, or MS-SQL).
- Please Note: If using older versions (before version 3.2.90q) of the RapidiConnector, then the Service must be set up to run under the same user as used when installing the service (otherwise it cannot decrypt any stored passwords and will fail to run).
- When started the RapidiConnector will connect to our central service and keep that connection open. The connection will then be used to transfer data between your local databases and other systems.
- The RapidiConnector can run in the DMZ or it can run on an Application Server.
Please follow these steps to download, install and configure RapidiConnector:
- Log in to MyRapidi. Select your Service and click on 'Connections' in the menu and then expand the Connection that you want to set up the RapidiConnector for.
- Expand the "RapidiConnector" to unfold the following information and link.
- Download RapidiConnector (use link provided). There are two versions provided:
- RapidiConnector.msi is a 32bit version (use this version on any 32bit system and also on 64bit systems if you want to use 32bit version of drivers to the system in question (this is always the case for MS Dynamics NAV using C/Front)).
- RapidiConnector64.msi is a 64bit version (use this version on 64bit systems).
- Install the RapidiConnector (Right-click on the downloaded 'RapidiConnector.msi' and Run as administrator and then follow the instructions provided)
- Start the RapidiConnector Service Controller (from the start menu - All Programs - RapidiConnector, right-click and "Run as Administrator").
- Click Install, then fill in the details listed in MyRapidi ("Rapidi Service ID", "User ID" and Password) and press Verify. Add more info to the Description field - like unit or country that this connection is handling, fill in the Password for the Windows User, and press Install.
- Start the RapidiConnector service
- Check that the RapidiConnector is connected (look at the Dashboard Tab in MyRapidi)
- If the RapidiConnector service does not start, you can find your service (from the start menu - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services) and try to enter your password again (Right-click the service - Properties - Log On Tab). This might typically happen for the first service you install as the Windows User you are using might not have the "Run as Service" right.
- You can see any (error) messages from the service in the Event viewer (from the start menu - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer - Windows Logs - Application).
- If you have trouble connecting to the RapidiOnline server - if the Verify gives errors, please ensure that the TCP/IP Port number listed is opened in the outbound direction (towards our servers). The RapidiConnector will additionally use the specified "Rapidi Service ID" to get the current server IP-address and port of your central service (using port 80).
- If you do not see the RapidiServiceId in your ServiceController, please ensure that you have a recent version. You need at least version 3.2.80a and preferably version 3.2.90q or later.